Today, the business world is moving towards full-scale digitization. There has been a significant boost in eCommerce retail sales, driving billions of consumers now to shop online. One of the latest study results reveals that the year 2023 will bring a boom in the eCommerce sector. The study estimated that over 200 million US shoppers would purchase online in the forthcoming year.
This fact has accelerated the shift from physical retail to online stores. Now, more and more retail businesses are looking for the best eCommerce business ideas to scale and prosper in this booming sector. If you’re too working towards fast-paced growth and scaling of your eCommerce business, managing the volume would likely become challenging. No matter what, to make your brand grow and boost sales, you’ll have to find ways to simplify and streamline your eCommerce store.
The best solution is using the top eCommerce integration software applications that work effectively altogether. To get the best outcomes and have time to focus on other crucial business aspects, you’ll need a set of the most advanced third-party integration tools.
Take no worries, as this article will help you explore some of the essential and beneficial eCommerce integrations for your online store. By the end of this content piece, you’ll find it easy and convenient to simplify or optimize your eCommerce store. So, let’s start.
- What Is eCommerce Integration?
- How Do eCommerce Integrations Help Online Stores?
- Essential eCommerce Integrations For Your eCommerce Business
- 1. ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- 2. CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- 3. POS (Point-of-Sale)
- 4. Payment Gateway
- 5. PIM Integration (Product Information Management)
- 6. eCommerce Marketplace Integration
- 7. Omnichannel
- 8. Multiple Warehouse Integration
- 9. Shipping Fulfillment Integration
- 10. Inventory & Order Management
- 11. Loyalty & Rewards Integration
- Final Words
What Is eCommerce Integration?
eCommerce integration is the process of transferring data between your online store and the most crucial elements of marketing, sales, CRM, inventory, and accounting.
Since the eCommerce sector will account for 95% of the purchases by 2040, implementing the best eCommerce integration solutions has become more crucial than ever. Today, the more simplified and streamlined the online store via integration solutions, the more sales and, growth. Just like eCommerce personalization, eCommerce integration helps you engage clients, boost conversion, and drive sales.
How Do eCommerce Integrations Help Online Stores?
Today, it takes only two poor, unsatisfying customer experiences to stop a person from doing business with you. Even statistics show that 76% of consumers will not do any more business if they encounter two such experiences.
So, like many eCommerce businesses, you should also start scouring for the most effective ways to enhance your online store’s efficiency and performance. eCommerce integrations have become the need of the hour for all emerging (even well-established) online stores, and here’s why:
- Enhanced Data Accuracy: Thanks to eCommerce integrations, you can share data between various platforms without any manual error. You’ll get enhanced data accuracy.
- Accelerated Sales Growth: eCommerce integrations with multiple solutions will assist you in boosting your online sales and revenue.
- Cost-Effective: Today, manual labor has become a big expense for eCommerce businesses, especially startups and SMEs. With eCommerce integrations, they can seamlessly automate operations and save a lot on labor costs
- Next-Level Operational Efficiency: By integrating your online store with other software solutions, you will complete your tasks on time without any hassle.
Essential eCommerce Integrations For Your eCommerce Business
1. ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
ERP is an excellent eCommerce procedure that helps online brands handle and integrate their fundamental tasks and operations seamlessly.
- ERP solutions are mainly introduced as accounting programs that keep track of and look after the operations like sales, marketing, inventory, finance, planning, and more.
- A study shows that 49% of businesses witnessed enhanced business processes after implementing ERP into their eCommerce platforms.
So, if you need to streamline your basic operations, you’ll need ERP, which is often referred to as a back-end accounting system. Some excellent ERP systems that you can try are SAP, NetSuite, and QuickBooks.
2. CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
Online businesses implement CRM solutions to comprehend their audience based on customer insights data. It helps them boost their relationships’ value. Integrating CRM into your eCommerce platform lets you keep a record of your customers’ personal data, behavior, and engagement.
Such insightful data will let you target the right customer demographic and build their trust and loyalty. Leveraging a CRM solution like HubSpot or Zoho will help you target personalized offers, attract more customers, boost sales, and establish loyalty.
3. POS (Point-of-Sale)
A Point-of-Sale (POS) system helps businesses handle and keep records of their sales, customer, and inventory data. Thanks to POS, you can analyze such data easily.
Today, POS analytics has become a go-to solution for more than 55% of retail businesses. They implement this integrated solution as one of their loss prevention strategies.
4. Payment Gateway
You may now know what a point of sale (POS) terminal is. But do you know that the online version of this terminal (the one you find in retail stores) is what eCommerce businesses refer to as a payment gateway? This eCommerce integration solution is a masked savior that functions behind the scenes.
- It looks after the entire payment processing stage while letting your customers enjoy various payment methods, from debit and credit cards to cryptocurrency.
- Besides the variety of payment options, you should also consider other factors when deciding the best payment gateway solution. These include how you want your eCommerce store to deal with foreign currencies and transactions and the processing fees involved in it.
No matter which payment gateway you choose, ensure it allows seamless eCommerce integration for a simple, convenient, and smooth checkout process.
5. PIM Integration (Product Information Management)
This integration enables businesses to integrate their product information management solution with other system solutions like ERP solutions or eCommerce platforms to enhance the management and retention of all data related to the product catalog information within the enterprise.
Thanks to PIM applications like Google Calendar, Evolution, Evernote, and more, eCommerce businesses can seamlessly handle all their product data from multiple systems in a unified, single location. Besides streamlining your workflow, this PIM softwares also helps you perform multi-channel syndication and reduce the levels of data duplication.
6. eCommerce Marketplace Integration
Are you a multi-channel eCommerce business? Do you have an eCommerce presence in channels like Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Walmart, Google Shopping, etc.? If so, you should consider eCommerce marketplace integration.
Given that the B2B ecommerce marketplaces will result in trillions of dollars of sales by 2024 (an estimate), it’s the right time to opt for an eCommerce marketplace integration solution. It will help you sell your product/service across different channels under a unified platform.
A marketplace integrator is also popularly known as a marketplace synchronizer or a marketplace connector. It is an API-based eCommerce tool that acts as a two-way link between a single selling platform and numerous online marketplaces like Walmart, Amazon or eBay.
Marketplace integration becomes crucial for multi-channel eCommerce stores as it allows them to access a unified platform for selling their products/services across numerous channels. Thus, targeting more clients becomes easier with such an integration.
Plus, no matter the geographical location, it will send you real-time order distribution updates for them. By adding marketplace integration, there’s no doubt that your business will witness significant revenue growth.
Today, more than 50% of eCommerce stores have implemented omnichannel functionalities, and there’s a reason for that.
Omnichannel integration for your eCommerce business will help you drive more sales. It lets you optimize the engagement and interactions with your prospective customers to guide them through the sales funnel.
Thanks to omnichannel eCommerce integration, you can deliver a connected and seamless shopping experience to your target audience across social media, in-store, website, and mobile apps. You can leverage its OMS (order management system) and centralized inventory solution.
A unified omnichannel eCommerce integrated platform is all you need to seamlessly manage a real-time, end-to-end order lifecycle.
8. Multiple Warehouse Integration
- Integrating a multiple warehouse management solution into your eCommerce platform allows you to easily get a centralized, comprehensive view and control over your inventory.
- It will help you seamlessly send inventory from overstock warehouses to those out of stock. It will ultimately help you prevent order cancellations and delays resulting from operational inefficiencies.
- Thanks to online multi-warehouse integration solutions, you can now produce customizable reports for quick and seamless analysis of your inventory status. It will allow you to strategize the ways to use your warehouse.
- When choosing a multiple warehouse integration solution, make sure it gives you a comprehensive overview of the warehouse spacing. It will allow you to plan space utilization and allocation.
- Some effective warehouse management solutions are Netsuite, Sortly, and Fishbowl.
9. Shipping Fulfillment Integration
The fate of your eCommerce business (how fast it will grow and scale) depends on how efficient your shipment solution is.
For instance, if a customer orders an iPhone 13 worth thousands of dollars from your eCommerce store, they can’t risk undergoing delivery or shipment troubles due to transit delay or wrong address. Your business needs to satisfy them with the best customer shopping experience by delivering their order safely and quickly.
By leveraging a shipping fulfillment integration solution (like Amazon Prime), you can help your shoppers get fast and reliable delivery (some even discounted or free).
Such integration will automate the shipment procedure, lower the risk of errors or mishaps related to the shipment, and ensure a better customer experience. They help you perform tedious operations at ease, like printing labels, tracking shipments, or comparing shipping rates.
10. Inventory & Order Management
Do you deal with plenty of SKUs? Is your eCommerce business offering a range of unique products to the customers? If so, inventory management would become a challenge without integration software.
Thus, inventory and order management software becomes essential for all eCommerce platforms that plan to explore or widen the horizons of their product offerings.
Such a software solution will look after order fulfillment, keep you updated about overstocked and stock-out items, and avoid transactions for currently unavailable goods.
The most significant advantage is that it eliminates all the troubles associated with refunds and back orders, lowers the chances of overstocking, and predicts consumer demand.
The fact that the market is full of inventory management softwares now makes it crucial to pick the one that seamlessly integrates with your eCommerce platform.
11. Loyalty & Rewards Integration
A loyalty and rewards integration solution is a customer retention software program designed to retain and engage your existing buyers. This integration focuses on helping your eCommerce store drive more sales (in larger quantities) from your existing customers.
The most lucrative and attractive programs are simple-to-comprehend, letting customers engage with your brand more often and offering them a fun shopping experience. Such integration ensures a revamped buying process for a seamless shopping experience for consumers.
The best part is that this integration helps you produce rich customer data via incentivized customer profiling. Such data will help you better personalize your eCommerce store.
Conclusively, eCommerce integration significantly impacts the day-to-day activities of an online store. The more the implementation of eCommerce integration, the higher the eCommerce success. So, get the most out of this comprehensive guide, see which software is best for your integration needs, and get started.
If you need assistance in kickstarting your eCommerce integration journey, you can connect with WebDesk Solution. With 11+ years of expertise as an eCommerce development company, WebDesk Solution has all the solutions, tools, and resources you need to achieve your eCommerce goals. We give you result-driven operations for your eCommerce store. So, connect with us today!