eCommerce has completely transformed how people do online shopping. Moreover, it has hugely affected the shopping habits of customers. Now, customers love to purchase the majority of things from the comfort of the couch.
It has become essential for a small to a large online retail store to adopt the latest eCommerce trends. “If not, they will be not in the race anymore.”
If you also want to grow in the eCommerce world, then implement the trending things as per the needs of the audience.
“One of the primary trends is to have a mobile app for your Shopify store.”
If you still have some hesitation, we will discuss several reasons why you should turn your Shopify store into a mobile app.
Table of Contents
- Reasons to Turn Shopify Store into Mobile App
- Ways to Turn Shopify Store into a Mobile App
- Which is the Best Way to Turn Shopify Store into an App?
Why Turn Shopify Store into Mobile App?
- According to heady.io, 57% of users like to shop from mobile apps compared to the other channels. Considering this, if you own a Shopify store, you should definitely think of building a mobile app to sell your products online.
- Moreover, it is also correct that mobile sites can’t help you enhance user engagement and retention. You have to launch a mobile app to stay in line with the competitors and provide a better experience to the users.
Apart from this, you can provide a wide range of benefits to the customers:
- Offer more value to the users.
- Create a direct and personalized marketing channel through push notifications.
- Provide top-notch customer support via different mediums.
- It helps you to lower the abandonment rates.
- Reach out to the customers efficiently and also enhance customer loyalty.
- Offer unique features and services to the customers and more.
3 Ways to Turn Your Shopify Store into a Mobile App
Here we have explained different ways to turn Shopify store into a mobile app along with their benefits. Check them in detail and choose the best as per your needs.
1. Using 3rd-Party Shopify Premium Plugins
Plugins available on the Shopify App Store are called the Shopify Apps. Generally, these plugins are built by developers or a team. You can utilize them to convert your store into a mobile app.
Key Benefits of 3rd-Party Shopify Apps
There are many benefits of converting your Shopify store into a mobile app using plugins. They are as follows:
- Cost-effective: When you have a low budget but want to reach a wider audience, go with this option. You don’t have to invest a lot in a plugin. You have to pay monthly, and you are good to go.
- Access data: With these plugins, you can easily access the eCommerce store’s data.
- Quick Development: If you have less time, plugins are the best option. You can also create one within some days. Then you have to spend time launching the app.
- Personalized Marketing: These plugins are built to take your marketing to next level. It further assists you in enhancing the sales revenue.
- Don’t have to be a specialist: Even if you belong to a non-technical background, you can convert your store into a mobile app using the plugins.
Now, let’s check some of the most popular plugins available online to turn the Shopify store into a mobile app.
1. Vajro – Mobile App Builder
Vajro is one of the most popular eCommerce plugins to convert your store into a mobile app. You don’t have to do any coding.
It allows you to use the drag-and-drop elements to customize and develop a best-in-class Android or iOS app.
With the help of push notifications, the plugin allows you to reduce cart abandonment rates, release new products, etc.
Price: Starts from $99 per to $399 per month.
2. MageNative Shopify Mobile App
MageNative is another plugin that helps you convert your Shopify store into a feature reach Android or iOS app.
It ensures that your app synchronizes well with the categories, products, etc. Moreover, the mobile app is fully compatible with the Magento store. The purpose of MageNative is to help businesses increase engagement and conversation through the mobile app.
Free Trial: 30 Days
Cost: Starts from $29
3. Shopney – Mobile App Builder
MageNative is another well-known Shopify plugin for converting your store into a mobile app. It is the best solution for businesses who tend to design a personalized mobile store, increase sales and move their business forward.
It allows you to convert your store into an Android or iOS app within a day. It comes with a range of unique features to build a customized app efficiently.
Cost: Start from $99 per month
Are Shopify Plugins the Best Way to Turn Shopify Store into App?
It depends on what you need. In the case of plugins, you are not the sole owner of the app you build with a plugin. Your app belongs to the plugin owner.
If you have a limited budget, plugins are the best option. Here, you just rent or pay a monthly fee.
There is no technical support whenever required. Yes, there are some plugins that offer good support. Generally, the support is available for a limited time, and then you need to pay for it.
2.Using an App Builder (Saas Platform)
SaaS stands for Software as a Service. It is a cloud-based service where you get access to the software without worrying about installation and maintenance. This service is mainly available through different subscriptions.
In this model, as most things are available as ready-made modules, they are called constructors. The provider looks after the entire application along with the security, availability, and performance.
Key Benefits of SaaS Platform
- Affordable: You don’t have to pay for any hardware or maintenance costs. Moreover, it works on the pay-as-you-go model.
- No coding skills needed: You don’t require any technical skills. You can utilize various layouts and modules available in SaaS to initiate development. Moreover, these platforms allow you to integrate different features available in eCommerce stores.
- 24*7 Accessibility: You can access a SaaS platform from any internet browser on any device.
- Scalability: It gives you the freedom to scale your app anytime as per the need.
- Analytics: With the help of analytics, you can access the various essential report of your app.
Let us go through some of the popular app builders to turn the Shopify store into an app.
Appy Pie – No Code Development Builder
It is the most popular no-code development tool in the market. It is one of the best options to turn your Shopify store into a mobile app. It is cloud-based, and you don’t need any installation.
The app builder offers four pricing plans. The basic plan is free and allows you to create only HTML5 based app that runs on a smartphone. If you want to develop an Android or iOS app, you need to go with a paid plan.
Price: Starts from $36 per month and goes upto $120 per month.
TapCart – Mobile App Builder
Tapcart is one of the most popular mobile app builders that allows you to transform your Shopify store into a mobile app within a few minutes. It is trusted by various small to big Shopify brands across the world.
The app builder offers some exciting features. It provides an intuitive design tool along with the drag-and-drop builder to customize your mobile app without any coding skills.
Price: Starts from $250/month and goes upto $1200 per month
PhobalApps – Mobile App Builder
PhobalApps is another well-known app builder to convert your Shopify store into a mobile app. The builder not only focuses on building the app but also on driving installs, establishing push notifications, enhancing app performance, etc. In simple words, it helps you to get the most out of the mobile app. It is being trusted by leading brands worldwide.
Its drag-and-drop builder allows you to develop great mobile apps without any coding. It provides more than 100+ features to automate your mobile app, such as 1-page checkout and more.
Price: Starts from $99/month and goes upto $799 per month
Free-Trial: Depends on the plan you choose
Are SaaS Platforms the Best Way to Turn Shopify App into Mobile App?
In this case, you are not the owner of the app you develop. When you choose to go with a SaaS solution, you are bound to it. It means you don’t have the freedom to migrate your store.
In any case, you want to migrate to another software provider, you need to build your app again. The SaaS platform you choose doesn’t provide you with complete customization.
To integrate new features, you have to wait for the software provider to release trending features.
You get limited support for any queries. For getting more support, you have to pay extra charges.
3. Develop a Mobile App from Scratch
If you plan to build an app from scratch, it is known as custom mobile app development. Here, the development team you hire understands your business and then develops a mobile app the help you achieve the business goals.
Key Benefits of Custom App Development
Here are some of the benefits of converting your store into an app with custom app development.
You are the sole owner of your app: All the essential documents, images, videos, resources, etc., belong to you.
Unique Design: With custom development, you can design your app effectively and offer a top-notch experience to the users.
High Scalability: Apps built with plugin or SaaS platform doesn’t offer much scalability. On the other side, you can efficiently scale an app developed using a custom app development approach.
Enhanced Security: You have the freedom to store all of your necessary data in a secure place.
100% Customizable: In custom development, you can update the app as per your business requirements and need. It helps you to analyze all the essential things about your app. You can keep things that users love and remove all that users don’t like. You can also add features based on your potential audience’s needs or trending features available in the market. It helps you to reach a wider audience and grow your business.
Easy to Maintain: In the case of a custom app development approach, you own the app and maintain it accordingly.
Is Custom App Development the Best Approach to Turn Shopify Store into Mobile App?
It is the best approach for converting your Shopify store into a mobile app. When choosing a custom app development approach, you will not face any obstacle in converting your store into a successful mobile app.
Also, you will not face any issues in scaling your mobile app. However, you will need to hire a mobile app development company that develops your app from scratch. For the same, you need to invest more time and money than a plugin or a SaaS platform.
We hope you have understood different ways of converting your Shopify store into an app. All three ways of turning the Shopify store into having a mobile app have their benefits and drawbacks.
Firstly, if you have a limited budget and want an immediate solution, go with a SaaS solution or plugins. Secondly, if you don’t have plans to update most things in the app, then also choose the SaaS platform or plugins.
If you want to give next-level experience to your users and grow your business exponentially in a few years, you should contact a custom mobile app development service provider like us. We have delivered some of the best mobile apps to clients worldwide. Hence, we can understand your business in brief and provide you with the best possible solution that helps your business grow.