WooCommmerce is a well-known open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It is built to serve the needs of small to big eCommerce stores using WordPress. The plugin is the preferred choice of merchants for eCommerce selling, and it offers various robust features to enhance the process of selling products or services.
Compared to the other sales solutions, to utilize WooCommerce, you require a running website to integrate payment functionality. Moreover, WooCommerce is quick to get started with and is feasible for various kinds of businesses.
WooCommerce is also known as a leading eCommerce platform with over 23.43% of the market share worldwide.
The eCommerce plugin has some drawbacks. Due to this, you might be looking for WooCommerce alternatives. So, before jumping at the alternatives, let’s check some critical flaws of WooCommerce to clarify why you need a WooCommerce alternative.
Here are the 7 best WooCommerce alternatives that you can consider for your eCommerce store.
Why Do You Need A WooCommerce Alternative?
Although WooCommerce is a good platform, you must have some technical skills to operate a WooCommerce store. A certain level of coding knowledge is required if you want to personalize your online store. Apart from that, you don’t get any official customer support from WooCommerce.
Website security is a crucial factor when it comes to an eCommerce store. In the case of WooCommerce, you are responsible for all the maintenance and security-related tasks, like security plugin updates.
These issues are critical, so it’s best to migrate your online store from WooCommerce.
Best WooCommerce Alternatives in 2023
Now, let’s check out the seven best WooCommerce alternatives you can consider for your eCommerce store.
The largest player in the US eCommerce market and one of the leading WooCommerce alternatives is Shopify. Shopify is used by around 29% of e-commerce websites.
Shopify is appropriate for new and established organizations and is incredibly simple to use. The platform offers many chances for running and expanding your business, along with making the process of creating your e-commerce website simpler.
The Shopify App Store has thousands of apps available for its merchants because different businesses may require different apps to increase the efficiency of their online store. Hence, you can develop an eCommerce store using Shopify and integrate third-party apps based on your requirement.
The platform offers three plans for building a store: Basic, Shopify, and Advanced. You can select the best pricing plan that satisfies your business needs from a variety of available.
Key Features of Shopify
- Out-of-the-box SEO tools: Shopify offers a number of SEO tools that users can employ to accomplish their objectives.
- Shopify dropshipping: Shopify provides a variety of applications that enable companies to interact with millions of wholesale suppliers worldwide.
- Shopify analytics: Shopify offers users a variety of analytics tools so they may evaluate the effectiveness of their online stores.
- Abandoned cart reminders: Shopify offers users the ability to identify consumers who have things placed in their cart and send emails to remind them of those products.
- Shopify POS: Shopify provides a Point Of Sale (POS) feature that enables businesses to sell their products in physical stores.
- An all-in-one platform for creating, managing and expanding your online store.
- All plans include secure and unlimited hosting.
- You can integrate Shopify with your current website.
- One of the main benefits of Shopify is that it supports numerous third-party payment processors.
- First-rate customer assistance with Shopify.
- A 14-day free trial is available.
- When utilizing third-party payment providers, an additional processing fee is charged.
- Being a hosted platform, it offers fewer options to modify website code.
In addition to being easier to set up and manage daily, Shopify is more convenient to use. You can read our guide on WooCommerce Vs. Shopify to compare these two platforms thoroughly.
BigCommerce is a fantastic WooCommerce substitute that gives merchants strong tools to create online stores and expand their businesses.It offers you out-of-the-box store administration options in addition to being a fantastic business builder.
BigCommerce is a powerful eCommerce platform with cutting-edge features that make it simple to create spectacular stores. Because of various editable templates and themes, growing and developing SMEs choose BigCommerce to build their eCommerce store.
Key Features of BigCommerce
- Single Page Checkout: Checkout plays a crucial part in increasing the sales of your eCommerce store. Customers who need to fill out a huge checkout form may leave the site immediately. Hence, it is essential to keep a super easy checkout. BigCommerce helps you to achieve the same by allowing you to integrate single-page checkout. It even gives an option for guest checkout that can help you decrease your cart abandonment rate.
- Coupons & Gift Cards: The platform offers exciting tools to increase sales and enhance loyalty. It allows you to add coupons to your store to attract customers. It also provides gift product features using which a user can buy a virtual gift certificate and send it to a user via email.
- Abandoned Cart Saver: It is available in BigCommerce plus and other higher editions. It enables you to send automatic emails to users with abandoned carts.
- SEO and analytics optimization: BigCommerce has integrated SEO tools to aid companies in gaining more organic exposure.
- The drag-and-drop page builder greatly streamlines your process.
- It offers various marketplace integrations such as Amazon, eBay, Google Shopping, Facebook, Instagram Feed, and Walmart.
- BigCommerce offers some of the best hosting and security features, such as unlimited bandwidth, fast content delivery, multiple domain names, and a shared SSL certificate.
- It enables you to integrate content RSS and purchase feeds to get more traffic to your site.
- It offers a highly intuitive dashboard to manage stock and returns.
- It also offers a large selection of themes (12 free and more than 175 paid).
- A 15-day free trial is available.
- BigCommerce lacks native point-of-sale capabilities.
- You need to pay to access features like abandoned cart functionality.
- Design adjustment features don’t function as per your needs every time.
With a robust architecture and user-friendly interface, Adobe Commerce, formerly known as Magento, positions itself as a fantastic WooCommerce substitute. Since being acquired by Adobe, Magento has evolved into a cloud-based, fully-managed platform.
By choosing Magento Development, you get business-level effectiveness to build unrivaled B2B and B2C e-commerce experiences. With its robust features and pre-built functionality, Adobe Commerce makes it easy to create and manage a top-notch e-commerce storefront.
Thanks to numerous customization options and third-party integrations, you will have a wide range of functional possibilities. It is listed as one of the top WooCommerce alternatives as a result.
Key Features of Magento
- Analytics and Reporting: Magento supports Google Analytics to assist you in a thorough analysis.
- Product Browsing: Magento includes certain features that might help you provide a better shopping experience to your customers.
- Catalog Management: Magento supports displaying virtual products, offering an infinite number of product attributes, editing and deleting product ratings, and more.
- Customer Accounts: Magento makes it simple to handle user accounts with a wide range of features.
- Order Management: The features include viewing, creating, and updating orders from the admin interface, printing multiple invoices, and more.
- Comprehensive functionality for managing multiple stores.
- Its high website availability keeps downtime to a bare minimum.
- It operates under a freemium approach.
- Improved shopping experiences thanks to AI-powered Magento capabilities.
- Periodically, Magento publishes security updates to guarantee that your online store is completely safe.
- Magento development cost is higher. Hence, Magento is not a viable option for newbies and smaller enterprises.
- It has a massive and complex structure. Therefore, you require a professional having knowledge of OOP, PHP, MySQL, and Git.
- Another disadvantage of the platform is the need for powerful hosting. You need to use a virtual, cloud, or dedicated server only.
Magento and BigCommerce are among the best WooCommerce alternatives. You might be interested in one of these two options. But before making a decision, you should check out our detailed guide on BigCommerce Vs. Magento.
One of the excellent WooCommerce alternatives is Wix, a top-rated website-building platform. It provides free hosting and the flexibility to customize your e-commerce website as per your need.
Wix even offers expert video training to streamline the website development process. it is renowned for its limitless customization choices for everything from the storefront to the checkout.
Key Features of Wix
- Powerful editor: A flawless drag-and-drop editor that makes building your website fun.
- Templates: It offers more than 500+ templates that can be customized to meet the demands of everyone.
- Personalized SEO plan: Wix allows you to make your own SEO strategy and use it to walk you through the fundamentals of search engine optimization for your website.
- Mobile Optimization: Works independently on your website’s mobile version.
- Blogs: A straightforward and user-friendly dashboard lets you design and manages your blog.
- Flexible design and provide limitless customization with cutting-edge APIs.
- You may sell on Facebook, Google Shopping, eBay, Instagram, and several other platforms.
- Wix offers intelligent business automation.
- It aids in the development of a fully responsive storefront.
- A template that you use to build a website is not interchangeable. It means you can’t transfer content from one template to another.
- You need to upgrade your plan for tracking and analysis of your website.
- You can’t move your website from Wix to another platform.
5. Square Online
The next option on our list of WooCommerce alternatives is Square Online. This eCommerce website builder is renowned for being simple to use and offering exceptional customer service.
This website builder may first resemble Weebly, but it offers many options to help you create a productive and eye-catching website.
Square Online offers you tremendous features at an affordable price.
You can create, operate, and maintain a great storefront even without prior web design experience. Small and new businesses can quickly set up their online stores with Square Online Store, although customization options may be limited.
Key Features of Square Online
- Online store builder: Using the website editor, you can simply build pages and sections such as your main banner, featured goods, business information, and footer.
- Adding items and categories: With Square, adding products to your click-and-mortar store is simple.
- Stock management: Square Online Store makes it simple and quick to keep track of the products in your online store.
- Payment processing: Your Square account will automatically be used to process payments when you use Square Online payment processing.
Square Online Pros
- It allows you to sell on your site, Facebook, and Instagram.
- It offers some products to enhance the site’s search results.
- Low processing charge on the premium plan.
- It integrates well with other eCommerce solutions.
- The platform calculates taxes inevitably.
- The free plan provides limitless product catalogs and free hosting.
- Square complies with PCI DSS regulations.
Square Online Cons
- For all Square Online Store plans, there are translation fees of 2.9% + $0.30.
- The customization choices with Square Online Store are constrained.
Ecwid is an excellent SaaS solution for creating your online marketplace. This e-commerce platform is used by a staggering 1.6 million small businesses to sell their goods and services online. We have it in our list of WooCommerce alternatives because of this.
This e-commerce platform is a little different from other WooCommerce competitors in that it lets you build a brand-new website from the ground up or add an online store to an already-existing website.
Hence, it is more adaptable than WooCommerce. By offering a single dashboard, Ecwid makes controlling the entire store easier. It includes centralized order management, pricing, and many other things.
Key Features of Ecwid
- Add new sales channels: Connect your store to sell on well-known platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Google Shopping, and more.
- Sell digital products: It’s just as simple to add digital products to your business as physical ones.
- Automated marketing: Grow your company by using automated marketing solutions like abandoned cart messages that handle labor-intensive tasks for you.
- Offer promotional discounts: To promote better sales, provide special pricing, discount coupons, volume discounts, and other benefits.
- It offers a starter package for merchants that don’t have websites.
- It is a widget that connects well with existing CMSs and website builders.
- It allows you to set up a multilingual online store effectively.
- With Ecwid’s POS function, you may sell your goods both online and in physical stores.
- The Ecwid free plan limits your sales to 10 items.
- Manual setup and coding are needed.
- Phone support is not available in the free plan.
- The free plan doesn’t come with SEO editing capabilities.
PrestaShop is one of the most reliable WooCommerce alternatives. It is a freemium, open-source eCommerce platform used by more than 300,000 sellers worldwide. You can easily install and get started with PrestaShop.
Going with PrestaShop development, you can build and customize your eCommerce store.
It comes with an SSL certificate and is suitable for brands that need a catalog design on your store. Moreover, it allows you to provide a best-in-class experience to the users.
Key Features of PrestaShop
- Improved Search: eCommerce Search feature is crucial to understand user requirements. And PrestaShop’s search feature is highly advanced and better than other eCommerce platforms in the market.
- More Built-in Features: The platform offers a range of built-in features, such as logistics, promotional codes, catalog, and shopping cart rules.
- Multiple-Payment Methods: It allows you to integrate payment gateways from over 250+ options.
- Enhanced Security: The platform is PCI compliant. Hence, it is highly secure.
- It is a user-friendly platform and offers more than 25k+ plugins to develop your eCommerce store.
- It comes with the latest inventory management system.
- PrestaShop offers an intuitive dashboard that allows you to manage your entire eCommerce store effectively.
- The platform provides various built-in marketing tools to market your store in the best possible way.
- It offers limited scalability for big eCommerce stores.
- You don’t get support from the official PrestaShop team.
Here we end our list of best WooCommerce alternatives that would be suitable for you.
Before choosing any WooCommerce alternative, we recommend you review all the features, pros & cons, and costs. Based on your analysis, you should select a WooCommerce alternative that helps you to manage and grow your eCommerce store efficiently.
If you find it challenging to pick a WooCommerce alternative for your business, feel free to reach out to us.
Webdesk Solution is a leading eCommerce development company. We have a highly enthusiastic team of professionals. Hence, we can understand your business requirements and suggest the best solution.